- March 10, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
About the Idea Exchange
The ILCMA Idea Exchange is a quarterly opportunity for professionals at all stages of their career to network, exchange ideas and learn from your peer’s successes and mistakes. These hour-long sessions are designed to be informal, but each event in the series will start with a seasonal topic relevant to the profession.
On March 10, 2021, we are pleased to present ILCMA Idea Exchange: What Changes and What Stays the Same? All organizations have needed to adapt as a result of the pandemic. Now that vaccinations have begun and there is a light at the end of the tunnel, organizations need to examine their experiences of the past year and decide which adaptations will become permanent parts of their organizational structure and standard operating procedure. Participants are invited to share their own experiences and lessons and to look ahead to how municipal agencies will change following the pandemic:
- How will communications change?
- What changes to your meetings will remain?
- Will your economic development strategy have new targets and goals?
- Will zoning rules adapt to changes in community needs?
- How will employee recruitment change? Which benefits will make the difference in hiring?
- How will your budget change? Which revenues and expenses will be more or less predictable?