- Onboarding Newly Elected Officials
March 18, 2021
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Presented by the ILCMA Professional Development Committee
Participants will learn the importance of onboarding newly elected officials and how this fosters positive Manager/Council relationships. This session will discuss strategies to effectively onboard newly elected officials on their roles and responsibilities while also reinforcing the role of the Manager. Hear George Cuff and Village Manager Scott Anderson discuss their experiences on dealing with newly elected officials and tools to ensure good governance.
- Learn the value and importance of the timely onboarding of elected officials
- Hear strategies on how to communicate the role and responsibilities of the both elected official and manager.
- Learn tips on how to continue to foster the relationship between Manager and elected official.
- Learn the importance of separating the logistics from a solid teaching on good governance
- Learn why there is considerable value in planning for an update on good governance part way through each term
Presenters: Scott Anderson, Village Manager, Village of Barrington & George Cuff, FCMC, President, George B. Cuff & Associates
Addresses ICMA Practice Areas: 6 (Strategic Leadership), 8 (Policy Facilitation and Implementation), 14 (Communication and Information Sharing)
Unable to attend on the 18th? Register to receive a link to the recorded session.
IF YOU ARE REGISTERING 3 OR MORE PEOPLE CHOOSE (1) GROUP REGISTRATION AND LIST ADDITIONAL NAMES, TITLES, AND EMAIL ADDRESSES IN THE SPECIAL NOTES FIELD