Downstate City/County Management Association
SUMMER DOWNSTATE MEETING
AUGUST 25 – 26, 2022
- Noon – Catered Lunch at Ironwood Clubhouse (Moe’s Southwest Grill Fajita Bar)
- 1:00 – 18-Hole Golf Outing Ironwood Golf Club
6:00 – Cocktails – Sponsored by The Horton Group – Destihl Restaurant
- 7:00 – Dinner – Destihl Restaurant – You are welcome to join the group for cocktails and dinner even if you do not participate in the golf outing!
August 26 – Meet at Uptown Station, Fourth Floor Rm. 409, 11 Uptown Circle.
- 8:00 – Breakfast
- 8:30 – “Open Data Portal – Connecting Citizens to Meaningful Information” – The goal of the Open Data Portal is to make data more accessible through searchable tools. Through the utilization of an easily navigable portal, we hope the information sparks innovation and encourages public-private collaboration while increasing transparency. – Spencer Lerch, I&T Data Specialist, Town of Normal
- 9:30-9:45 – Break
- 9:45 – “Advancing Sustainability through Community Collaboration” – The mission of the Ecology Action Center is to inspire and assist our community in creating, strengthening, and preserving a healthy environment. The EAC acts as a central resource for environmental education, information, outreach, and technical assistance in McLean County, Illinois. – Michael Brown, Executive Director, Ecology Action Center
- 10:45-11:00 – Break
- 11:00 – “The Future of Healthcare: Innovative Trends to Lower Cost and Improve Health.”
Now more than ever, healthcare and healthcare related costs are impacting the ability of municipalities to attract and retain quality employees without adversely impacting annual operating revenues that support city services. This discussion will focus on new innovative trends within the healthcare market. – Mike Wojcik, EVP, The Horton Group
- 12:00 – Lunch and IML Update w/ Brad Cole (Tentative)
Registration Fee: $50 – Includes buffet breakfast & lunch on Friday.
Please have registrations in by Friday, August 19, 2022.
Hotel Accommodations: Hampton Inn & Suites, 320 S. Towanda Ave, Normal. For hotel accommodations, please use our group link https://group.hamptoninn.com/n9armn, go to Hilton.com, or call the hotel directly at 309-452-8900. Rooms are $129/night plus tax. The room block is under Town of Normal, and the block will be released on August 11th.
Dinner Reservations: Please indicate if you are planning to arrive in time for dinner at Destihl Restaurant, 318 S. Towanda Ave, Normal. Dinner is “on your own.”
($50 includes 18 holes w/ Cart and Lunch)
Registration Deadline: Friday, August 19, 2022
Cancellations: To receive a full refund, cancellations must be received by Friday, August 18, 2022. Registrants, who do not attend the meeting but have not canceled, are responsible for the entire fee. Registrants who have not paid will be billed.
August 25, 2022 - August 26, 2022
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm