Are you seeking an amazing career opportunity where you can make a real difference in shaping the future of a growing community and positively impact the lives of others? The City of Champaign is seeking an experienced and innovative leader to serve as its next Neighborhood Services Director.
A wonderfully diverse community located in east Central, Illinois, Champaign offers big city opportunities with Midwestern values and affordability. The City is home to the University of Illinois, which attracts the very brightest scholars and scientists from around the world and is one of the fastest growing cities in the state of Illinois. With an abundance of arts and cultural opportunities, beautiful parks and trails, nightlife activities in a vibrant Downtown, world-class educational opportunities, Big 10 sporting events, and a low cost of living, Champaign offers the best of urban life in a friendly, smaller city.
The Neighborhood Services Director leads the City in promoting neighborhood needs and neighborhood-based service delivery. The Director plans and administers the activities of the Neighborhood Services Department which includes responsibility for matters involving public engagement, code compliance, housing ownership and rehabilitation, community service activities, and more. The Neighborhood Services Director must personify the City values of Personal Integrity, Responsibility, Respect, Teamwork, and Results. The City of Champaign is committed to promoting a work environment and a community that values and supports diversity and inclusion.
To view the position profile visit: https://www.bit.ly/NSDDirectorProfile
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Urban Planning, Community Development, or a closely related field.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in neighborhood service delivery, housing and community development programs, code compliance, public engagement, or planning in a comparably sized government or nonprofit organization, at least three of which must be in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position will be considered.
- Residency within the City of Champaign’s corporate limits is required within six months of appointment.
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Urban Planning, Community Development, or a closely related field.
- Two or more years of neighborhood services-based leadership experience in a comparably sized government or nonprofit organization.
- Extensive relatable work experience in multi-racial, multi-cultural urban communities.
- Demonstrated success working in an inclusive and welcoming organization with diverse customers.
The anticipated annual salary range as of July 1, 2023, is $134,079 – $181,009, DOQ, plus an excellent benefits package. Position will remain open until filled, however interested applicants are encouraged to apply by Friday, June 30, 2023.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to NSDirector@champaignil.gov. Applicants must also complete a series of supplemental questions online at bit.ly/NSDRecruitmentQs