The City of Crystal Lake is seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with a positive work ethic to fill the position of Planning and Economic Development Intern for the summer months.
Working under the general direction of the City Planner, job tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Providing support to the City Planner and Economic Development Manager;
- Working with customers, developers, property owners, and brokers on zoning related questions and department requests;
- Assisting staff in collecting and preparing data for various projects;
- Preparing reports of limited or variable complexity;
- Researching funding sources and writing grant proposals;
- Supporting economic development by gathering and organizing business data;
- Conducting basic office functions as needed, such as data entry, file management, and customer service.
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent and be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with an emphasis in Urban Planning or a closely aligned field. The successful candidate should also possess excellent communication and problem solving skills along with the ability to work independently. Microsoft Office proficiency is also necessary.
The internship offer is contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a criminal background check and a pre-employment medical exam, including a drug screen.
Starting pay is $16.00 per hour. Interested candidates should submit an employment application, available at www.crystallake.org and attach a resume to their application.
Applications will be considered as received.
The City of Crystal Lake is an Equal Opportunity Employer