Under general supervision, provides technical, or specialized financial, business and accounting office support in payroll, revenue and accounts payable functions. Other essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Performs accounting, payroll or financial support work and assists with special projects as assigned.
- Receives and processes payroll changes from Human Resources.
- Cooperates with Finance staff to execute payroll processing.
- Receives and processes invoices; reconciles vendor statements.
- Prepares Accounts Payable checks in conjunction with Finance staff.
- Processes, reviews and reconciles varied reports and journals.
- Audits and verifies various information, including source data as well as manual and computer-produced reports.
- Maintains varied subsidiary ledgers, auditing and reconciling reports and information and posting data as required; may generate general ledger entries.
- Researches and assembles information from a variety of sources for the completion of forms or the preparation of reports.
- Provides information to the public or to City or departmental staff that requires the use of judgment and the explanation of policies, rules or procedures.
- Takes payments at customer service counter; enters cash receipts; balances cash, checks, charges and receipts; prepares deposits.
- Determines the amount of fees and other monies due to the City, applying complex rules and regulations; ensures that receipts are balanced.
- Enters and retrieves data from a computer system and produces reports.
- Uses a computer to develop and manage databases and/or spreadsheet files and to develop special report formats.
QUALIFICATIONS Graduation from high school; AND three (3) years of general clerical experience, two (2) years of which include accounting or financial experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
To view the job description, click here. The range for this position is $49, 824- $74, 736.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter at elmhurst.org/jobs. This position will remain open until Wednesday, August 24, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.