|SALARY:||$52,812.00 – $68,099.00 Annually|
|As part of the Budget Team within the Finance Department, the Budget Analyst performs a variety of complex analytical, technical, and administrative functions related to the development, monitoring and control of the City’s annual budget and capital improvement program.|
|· Collaborates with directors and staff on the development of the annual operating budget and five-year capital improvement program.
· Analyzes department budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with established policies, procedures, and statutory requirements.
· Presents budget analysis and recommendations to upper-level management as part of the budgetary review process.
· Assists with the preparation of materials to present the annual budget to City Council and the public for review and approval, including memorandums, ordinances and other documents. Prepares annual budget book in compliance with GFOA guidelines.
· Prepares monthly financial reports and other special reports necessary to compare actual expenditures and revenues to the approved budget.
· Assists with the preparation and review of statutorily required financial reports, including the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR).
· Monitors changes in the local, state, and federal laws for fiscal impacts on the City, and actively monitors local economic conditions.
· Reviews and monitors contracts, purchase orders and invoices to assure conformity with the approved budget and compliance with established policies and procedures.
· Performs research and analyzes complex financial data to improve service delivery and provides recommendations to management based on findings.
· Represents the Finance Department to internal and external stakeholders through meetings and other engagements. May liaison with City boards and commissions, such as the Financial Advisory Board.