|Job Title:||Procurement Officer – 2037|
|Closing Date:||When filled|
|Salary:||Up to $74,230 commensurate with experience|
|Location:||Naperville Municipal Center, 400 S Eagle St, Naperville, Illinois|
|The Procurement Officer works closely with City departments to plan, source, and procure various services, supplies, equipment, and materials in compliance with governing laws and policies. The Procurement Officer works to identify best practice procurement strategies to accomplish strategic goals and add value; reviewing, developing, and consulting on technical specifications of products and services desired. The Procurement Officers also perform specialized work such as researching sources of supply, interviewing prospective suppliers or bidders, and negotiating contracts and other agreements.|
|· Assist departments in planning for upcoming procurements.
· Develop and prepare formal solicitation packages including review of technical specifications, conducting research and recommending changes as needed, presiding at public pre-solicitation meetings and formal proceeding openings.
· Make recommendations on changes in contracting strategy, including consideration of consolidations or inter-governmental cooperative approaches.
· Negotiate with suppliers and conduct follow-up with vendors before and after contract award including, but not limited to, securing certificates of insurance, bonds, etc., negotiating contract language, ensuring compliance with legal requirements and resolving vendor performance issues.
· Evaluate options and recommend awards of contract.
· Obtain quotes and review purchase orders for adherence to city policies.
· Assist assigned departments with all procurement related needs.
|Required Credentials and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field.
· Minimum two years of experience in either procurement, law, supply chain management or compliance.
· Valid State of Illinois Driver’s License.
Preferred Credentials and Experience:
· Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Supply Chain Management.
· Local Government (or public sector) experience.
· Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) or Certified Public Procurement Buyer (CPPB).
|The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
APPLY ON-LINE AT:
Applications should be completed thoroughly, and resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application but should be attached to the application. Include all requested education, experience, attachments, and other information when applying. Incomplete applications are subject to rejection. Notifications to applicants will be sent electronically to the email address provided in the application.
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.