City of North Chicago, Management Analyst Admin –
The City of North Chicago is seeking a Management Analyst Admin to work in Human Resources. The City of North Chicago, Illinois, (population 30,038), a home-rule municipality, is located approximately 36 miles north of the Chicago “Loop.” Located on the shores of Lake Michigan between Chicago and Milwaukee, North Chicago is the proud home to Naval Station Great Lakes, the only training command for United States Navy recruits and the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center – the nation’s first fully integrated Veteran’s Affairs and Department of Defense entity.
NATURE OF WORK: Performs both basic and advanced personnel office administration, payroll, accounting, finance, administrative and research work, and a variety of professional, technical and analytical project-based support in collaboration with the Human Resources Office. Assigned responsibilities will aid department in the development and ongoing administration of a variety of city programs and services, and in the management of related administrative functions. This position will assist in the planning and/or execution of the payroll processing, bill reconciliation, budgetary reports, administrative research work, and projects which require interdepartmental cooperation and coordination. Assigned projects can include situations related to handling sensitive or confidential information, requiring a high level of discretion, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines. This position assists with overall departmental workflow and process improvement including handling of confidential materials, analysis of data, generation, standard operating procedures, maintaining positive public relations with the general public and with staff members within the organization. The Management Analyst will perform skilled research and analysis tasks as well as complete special projects and other related duties as assigned. This position requires a high level of discretion and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
Qualified candidates will have:
- The incumbent must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities in order to successfully perform the essential functions:
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Public Administration preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in financial, budgeting, human resources or associated position or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the following required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to research data and prepare reports as requested/required.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with general staff, city officials, employees, and union representatives, and the general public.
- Working knowledge of: budgeting, research and review of statistical data, financial accounting systems and procedures, and development of recommendations based on such analysis; human resource management theory, techniques and applications of municipal management; and the ability to assemble, analyze and organize critical data
- Must be able to prioritize work and handle multiple projects with conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to deal tactfully with the public and a high level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive information is essential.
- Ability to understand and interpret manuals, ordinances, policies and procedures, statutes, rules, regulations, journals, memos, letters, reports, and financial reports.
- Ability to analyze financial, budgetary, administrative, operational and organizational data.
Salary range: Salary $60,796 – $71,215 DOQ +/- DOQ. The City also has a very attractive benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, participation in Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), vacation, sick and personal leave.
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Management Analyst Admin Search at email@example.com.
The City of North Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.