City of Park Ridge – Engineering Technician
Salary $58,502.00 + depending on qualifications
The City of Park Ridge’s Public Works Administration Department is seeking welcoming and innovative applicants for the position of Engineering Technician. This position is responsible for technical support to the City’s Engineering Division including customer service, inspection, plan review support, and management of the City’s infrastructure.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- The highest level of customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Inspects sidewalks in need of repair and communicates work schedule with residents and management.
- Evaluates city roads and pavement markings to determine rating, evaluating and updates schedules.
- Retrieves and edits data within the City’s asset management and GIS programs
- Develops maps, project plans and cost estimates.
- Attends pre-constructions meetings and updates for project tracking items.
- Inspects public works projects and ensures construction standards are met.
- Communicates updates to engineering staff, contractors, and consultants.
- Performs construction management of City projects by inspecting and testing work in progress and processing contractor payment requests on projects.
- Meets with developers, contractors and engineers and surveyors to discuss construction. projects and monitors projects for changes to plan.
- Reviews material supply sheets for compliance with specifications prior to construction.
- Coordinates mapping updates and maintenance of new and existing utility maps.
Qualifications, Requirements and Experience:
- Associates Degree in engineering, surveying, engineering technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in include GIS or Auto Cad.
- This is a light duty position which requires no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carry of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Operations are 24/7—personnel shall be available to work all shifts including weekends, holidays, and some hours outside of regularly scheduled time and duties are performed under all weather conditions.