CITY ADMINISTRATOR/UTILITIES MANAGER
City Administrator/Utilities Manager, Plymouth, WI (pop. 8,540). Located one hour north of Milwaukee and equally close to Green Bay, Plymouth is a picturesque community with a historic downtown. Plymouth, established in 1877, is surrounded by natural beauty and outdoor activities. The City maintains its small-town appeal and high quality of life with balancing growth and progress. The area has been recognized for its livability and family-friendliness.
The City and the utilities have a workforce of more than 85 full-time employees, plus another 35 part-time and seasonal employees. Plymouth is a full-service city including police, fire, public works (including engineering and parks), utilities (including water, wastewater, storm water and electricity), library, and administrative services.
The City Administrator/Utilities Manager oversees general fund and utilities budgets of more than $37 million ($7.6 M, general fund and $30 M, utilities combined). The City and its utilities are in excellent financial condition. The City Administrator/Utilities Manager also works closely on economic and community development efforts, including maintaining a close working relationship with the City’s business community.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, or related field, with a Master’s degree in public administration or closely related field is preferred.
- Five – seven years of increasingly responsible local government management experience.
- A team-oriented, strategic-thinking approach toward staff leadership; supervisory experience is essential.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Strong financial, analytical and budget management skills are required; experience managing municipal utility enterprise funds is a plus.
The City Administrator is appointed by, and reports to, the Mayor and eight-member Common Council. The starting salary range is $125,000 – $140,000 +/- DOQ, plus an excellent benefit package. Candidates should apply by June 24, 2020 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3197. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here to Apply
« Back to Listings