This position is open until filled with review of resumes commencing immediately.
The City of Prospect Heights, a non-home rule community (population 15,800) located in northern Cook County, is accepting resumes for the full-time exempt position of Deputy Clerk. The ideal candidate for this position will represent the City’s values of customer service, integrity, transparency, teamwork, professionalism and problem solving.
DEFINITION & PURPOSE:
The Deputy Clerk is a highly responsible exempt position in the Administration Department and provides executive level support services to the City Administrator, Mayor, City Clerk, and department heads.
The Deputy Clerk performs the day-to-day tasks of the elected City Clerk including but not limited to, records management, FOIA and OMA compliance, meeting minutes and agenda management, business and liquor license processing, election filing, ordinance codification, and ordinance, resolution, and agreement coordination, and election filing. A broader listing of duties and responsibilities can be found on the City’s website.
This position is expected to work 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday with the ability to work additional hours to accommodate monthly City Council meetings and City events as required.
Because of the nature, diversity, and scope of responsibilities, the position requires the following skill set:
- Highest level of integrity, confidentiality, and loyalty
- Exemplary customer service and tact
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail for proofing and editing documents
- Strong organizational, time management, and record keeping skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and exercise sound judgement
- Exceptional computer skills including confidence with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to actively listen to quickly gain an understanding and comprehension of needs and government processes
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least ten years of responsible office experience preferred
- Municipal experience preferred, but not required
- Valid Illinois driver’s license required
Starting salary for this position is $49,771 to $57,200 DOQ, plus annual cost of living increases. The City offers an excellent benefits package including Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), medical, dental, vision coverage, paid time off, and life insurance.
HOW TO APPLY:
This position is open until filled with review of resumes commencing immediately. Qualified candidates should electronically submit a completed employment application, cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Peter Falcone, Assistant City Administrator at email@example.com, with “Deputy Clerk Position” included in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm on Thursday, February 29, 2024. The employment application and full job description can be found on the City’s website at www.prospect-heights.il.us.
The City of Prospect Heights is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.