MANAGEMENT ANALYST FOR THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
The City of Rolling Meadows is a dynamic and forward-thinking organization serving an energetic, friendly and diverse community of over 24,000 residents. The City is a full-service Home Rule municipality operating under the Council-Manager form of government. The community takes pride in its outstanding municipal services, educational systems, health and human care agencies, and recreational facilities. Rolling Meadows is located in the northwest suburbs of the Chicago metropolitan area in the region known as the “Golden Corridor” at Interstate 90 and Illinois Route 53. The City features a wide array of commercial, industrial, and office businesses which provides for a stable economic base. The City is home to several large employers including Northrup Grumman and the global headquarters for Arthur J. Gallagher.
The City of Rolling Meadows is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Management Analyst for the Public Works Department. This position provides analytical and administrative assistance to the Public Works Department. Job duties include:
- Researches data and information, conducts data analysis, and formulates recommendations pertaining to Public Works policies and operations.
- Assists in gathering information for the preparation of reports.
- Participates in collective bargaining negotiations with management.
- Assigned as needed to appropriate committees or conferences to liaise on behalf of the Public Works Department.
- Leads the ongoing development and implementation of the Public Works Department’s work order and inventory system. Serves as liaison to division supervisors to coordinate and schedule ongoing training.
- Facilitates and coordinates interdepartmental projects.
- Handles risk management documentation, reporting, processing, and organizing.
- Responsible for providing administrative and management support.
- Assist in the implementation and tracking of safety policies and procedures in coordination with division supervisors.
For a full list of job duties, see the job description which can be found at www.cityrm.com/jobs.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, Communications, Finance, Accounting, or Urban Planning, with a Master’s Degree in similar fields is preferred. Or any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
A minimum of one year of Municipal or Administrative Customer Service Experience.
The starting salary range for this position is $62,075 to $71,575 commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The City also offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and job application via email to Human Resources Specialist Lisa Norton at email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled. Please include “Rolling Meadows Public Works Management Analyst” in the subject line of the email. More information on the City of Rolling Meadows can be found on the City website at www.cityrm.org. The application and full Management Analyst job description can be found at www.cityrm.org/jobs.
The City of Rolling Meadows is an Equal Opportunity Employer.