Finance Director – City of Sheboygan, Wisconsin (48,327). Sheboygan is the “Spirit on The Lake” with breathtaking views of Lake Michigan, large sandy beaches, and world class sailing. Away from the water, the City’s historic downtown district bustles with shopping, dining, and entertainment. Strategically located one hour north of Milwaukee and one hour south of Green Bay, Sheboygan offers an enviable and affordable lifestyle amid beautiful settings and outdoor recreation options. The City seeks highly skilled public finance professionals with strong communication skills as candidates for its next Finance Director.
The Finance Director is a key member of the City’s management team in a financially stable organization, and reports to the City Administrator. The City maintains an AA2 bond rating from Moody’s Investor Services, and enjoys a healthy fund balance.
The City is seeking a technically skilled and collaborative Director to lead the Finance Department and a variety of financial activities. The Finance Department include seven employees and performs complex work involving fiscal planning, internal audit and budgetary controls, purchasing, and cost studies. In concert with the City Administrator, the Director develops and manages a general fund budget of approximately $40 million, and combined budgets of approximately $118 million.
The City is seeking an ethical and experienced professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a record of leadership, problem solving and decisiveness;
- Possess a passion for public service; and
- Have a desire to work collaboratively with the finance team and other city departments in the delivery of city services.
Candidates should also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in public administration, accounting, finance or related field; a Master’s degree and/or CPA is preferred, but not required;
- Seven – ten years of experience in a government setting or demonstrable skills in governmental fund accounting; a combination of public and private sector finance experience is ideal;
- Working knowledge of financial management/ERP systems; and
- Supervisory experience.
Starting salary (midpoint): $117,000 +/- DOQ, plus exceptional benefits. Candidates should with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The City of Sheboygan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click HERE to Apply!
« Back to Listings