Lake County Public Works is a sewer and water provider to 40% of Lake County residents and owns, operates and maintains more than 750 miles of pipe, three water reclamation facilities, more than 100 pump stations, an excess flow facility and a 1-mile long levee. This civil engineering position in Public Works will be to direct and perform a variety of complex engineering and project management assignments related to water distribution and sanitary sewer infrastructure.
- Manage capital improvement projects including construction documents, bidding, construction oversight and project closeout.
- Problem solve field construction issues with contractors and field technicians.
- Manage and collaborate with design consultants for preliminary and final design, construction plans, specifications, budgets, review pay estimates and invoices.
- Review development plans for sound engineering design and code conformances.
- Perform technical work in connection with the investigation, review, planning, design, construction, and maintenance of new and rehabilitated Public Works infrastructure improvements.
- Review plans for compliance with public works standards, coordinate design and construction for sewer and water capital improvement and maintenance projects.
- Prepare fee calculations for connection of new customers.
- Prepare bidding materials and specifications for the procurement of equipment, supplies, and certain contractual services.
- Review system capacities for water systems, sewers and interceptors, and wastewater treatment works.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form with employees, consultants, other agencies, and the general public.
Education and/or Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, construction or municipal engineering.
- 6 years of engineering experience; experience in design and construction administration is preferred, as is knowledge of public water supplies, sanitary sewer systems and/or water reclamation facilities.
- EIT Certificate and PE certification.
- Valid driver’s license supplemented by a satisfactory driving record.
To view full job description and to apply online, please visit: Principal Engineer | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)
Lake County is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).