The Human Resources Analyst/Project Manager position is a professional position in the Human Resources Department reporting to the Director of Human Resources. This position will be assigned tasks which are specialized in nature that require specific expertise in one or more functional areas of Human Resources. Examples include classification & compensation, benefits, policy & procedures, recruitment strategies, and project management.
Depending on the assignment, the incumbent may perform a combination of some or all of the following duties, and perform related duties as assigned:
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are consistent with compensation trends and organization objectives and federal/state mandates.
- Provide advice to management on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation related programs.
- Partner with Human Resources management team to monitor, recommend and implement approved policies and procedures; interpret and communicate policies and subsequent changes to departments.
- Conducts research, surveys and special projects, in addition to collaborating and maintaining relationships with other counties and municipalities.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director and Director with respect to Classification and Compensation requests; advise and guide Departments on classification requests, act as project manager on compensation studies.
- Evaluate current benefit offerings, partner with the benefit cooperative to improve or realign offerings based on organizational objectives and lead and manage projects associated with new benefit offerings or revisions to existing offerings, including project manager on dependent audits.
- In accordance with the County’s budget, manage position inventory and develop workflows to efficiently coordinate position related changes with County departments.
- Act as project lead on all enhancements to recruitment strategies and recommend solutions to attract and retain talent.
Hiring range: $75,000-$85,000 depending on qualifications. IMRF eligible and excellent benefits package. Public sector HR experience preferred.