The Village of Downers Grove is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Village Clerk, who supports the Village Clerk by performing administrative and record keeping duties, under minimal supervision. This position also assists in maintaining the Village’s records management system of official Village documents and administering Freedom of Information Act requests. A successful candidate will demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment, while exemplifying a high level of customer service. This role is non-exempt and works in an office setting, 5 days a week, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Major Duties and Functions:
- Assists in organizing, indexing and maintaining official Village documents
- Assists in the preparation of public meeting agenda packets, public notices, meeting rooms, and transcription of meeting minutes
- Assists in Freedom Of Information Act administration
- Processes and prepares various Village licenses
- Assists in preparation of proclamations, legal notices, etc.
- Performs customer service functions; responds to resident and staff inquiries
- Acts in the absence of the Village Clerk, including attendance at Village Council meetings and other various meetings
- Assists Village Clerk with election related activities
- Assists in the day-to-day operations of the Village Clerk’s office
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to establish positive working relationships
- Ability to operate and understand technical computer software and programs
- Ability to grasp procedures quickly to carry out instruction
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and information
- Ability to organize work, sets priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to understand and adhere to the Village of Downers Grove Municipal Code, the Freedom of Information Act, and the Open Meetings Act
Education and Experience: Associates degree preferred. Experience with the Freedom of Information Act administration preferred. Three years to five years of clerical experience or any combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications: Public Notary, Open Meetings Act, Freedom of Information and Deputy Registrar. If not, obtainable within 30 days of hire.
Salary and Benefits: The full salary range for this position is $51,136 – $70,312. The starting salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. The Village provides an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
APPLY NOW! Interested applicants may apply online at www.downers.us. Only online applications will be accepted, with the exception of providing reasonable accommodations.
Position open until filled.
The Village of Downers Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, or for assistance, please contact the Human Resource Department at (630) 434-5500