The Village is accepting applications for an Engineering Manager. A successful candidate demonstrates a passion for work, a knowledge of municipal infrastructure systems, a positive internal and external customer service attitude, and an ability to balance competing priorities. The position supervises Staff Engineers and Engineering Technicians as assigned, prepares plans and specifications, and coordinates construction of capital infrastructure projects.
Major Duties and Functions:
- Provides support on capital construction projects including planning, permitting, surveying, design, and plan review.
- Prepares preliminary budget estimates, contract specifications, and bid documents.
- Performs or oversees construction administration and inspection for capital construction projects.
- Reviews proposals and work product of consultants; coordin
- ates work of consultants on capital projects.
- Ensures construction complies with Village codes and ordinances, in addition to compliance with contract specifications.
- Coordinates and leads meetings with the public to introduce and coordinate capital projects with residents and neighboring business owners.
- Responds and researches citizen inquiries and complaints regarding utilities, drainage and construction work.
- Assists Village engineering staff with duties on an as-needed basis.
- Provides direction and training to engineering staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices.
- Knowledge of municipal infrastructure systems, including water distribution, streets, and drainage.
- Skilled in mathematics, algebra, trigonometry, and geometry.
- Knowledge of the use of surveying equipment.
- Knowledge of construction project scheduling and accounting.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and civil drawings and maps.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, particularly in technical writing.
- Skilled in drafting and plan preparation.
Technology Used: In addition to general office equipment and software, surveying equipment, GIS, construction management and drafting/planning software, and mapping tools will be used.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or related field.
Eight years of experience in civil engineering or any combination of education and experience which produces the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Licenses and Certifications: Professional Engineering License required. Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
Salary: The salary range for this position is $86,982-$119,600, with a starting salary up to $104,378 DOQ. The Village provides an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
APPLY NOW! Interested applicants can apply online at www.downers.us. Position open until filled.
The Village of Downers Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, or
assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at (630) 434-5500.