The Village of Downers Grove is accepting applications for the position of Management Analyst in the Public Works Department. The Management Analyst, under the direction of the Public Works Director, provides complex research-based, technical, financial and/or policy driven analysis and support to the Public Works Department. A successful candidate will have an understanding of organizational and basic operational aspects of municipal government, be knowledgeable in budgetary principles and practices, and be confident in selecting and implementing appropriate research methodologies.
Major Duties and Functions:
- Maintains and/or prepares various reports, analyses, and other documentation, including but not limited to: cost-benefit analyses, financial projections, budgetary preparation and analysis, grant applications, bid specifications, requests for proposal, presentation slides, operating policies and procedures and feasibility studies.
- Assists with procurement, including preparation of bid specifications, development of bid packages and receiving and recording bids and quotations.
- Provides assistance with various Boards and Commissions, including the Transportation and Parking Commission, and the Stormwater and Flood Plain Oversight Committee.
- Assists with meeting agenda preparation; to include assembly of background information, preparation of agenda memos, development of presentations, and recording/follow-up of actions taken at meetings.
- Assists and represents all divisions within the Public Works Department. Coordinates projects with intradepartmental teams.
- Compiles information needed to answer project-related questions, provides information to public, outside agencies and other Village staff. Responds to public concerns, inquiries and complaints as needed.
- Performs special and ongoing assignments of a programmatic or administrative nature, monitors program results and recommends policy/procedures modifications to key members of the Public Works Department.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Standard business arithmetic
- Principles and practices of public administration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Public Administration or enrollment in graduate program preferred. One to three years of work experience required. Previous work experience in a professional environment is preferred.
Salary: The starting salary for this position is $58,525, DOQ. The Village provides an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
APPLY NOW! Interested applicants can apply online at www.downers.us. Position open until filled.
The Village of Downers Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, or for
assistance, please contact the Human Resource Department at (630) 434-5500.