Elk Grove Village, Illinois, (pop. 33,127), a strategically located, progressive community that is home to the largest consolidated business park in North America, is seeking a dynamic, detail and customer service oriented candidates for the position of Deputy Director of Public Works. Elk Grove Village is located in Cook and DuPage Counties adjacent to O’Hare International Airport, and is home to approximately 5,600 businesses located in its 5.4 square mile Business Park. The Village of Elk Grove Village has surpassed being “The Most Business Friendly Community in America” to now being “Beyond Business Friendly.”
The Deputy Director of Public Works, Engineering & Administration is a management level position responsible for all elements of the Village’s infrastructure improvements program, including but not limited to supervising all engineering staff. Under the administrative direction of the Director of Public Works, the Deputy Director of Public Works, Engineering & Administration will be responsible for leading the Engineering & Administrative Divisions by utilizing sound engineering judgement combined with excellent customer service skills and strong knowledge of municipal operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to continuous updates to the Capital Improvements Plan, project management and oversight for all infrastructure improvements projects, design, preparation, and review of engineering plans and specifications, budget preparation and providing excellent customer service. This position is responsible for all aspects of infrastructure engineering including:
- Administration of the engineering process; Phase 1, 2 & 3, seeking grant funding opportunities, obtaining permits, budgeting, supervising staff and directing consultants to deliver Beyond Business Friendly results.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the 5 year Capital Improvements Plan in cooperation with key shareholders from all departments.
- Communicates effectively with other Village Departments and the Capital Improvements Committee
- Works collaboratively with the Utility Division to ensure water and sewer infrastructure is replaced and maintained to the highest standard.
- Responsible for directing a team that oversees projects totaling approximately $20,000,000 annually.
Education, Experience and Training:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering is required. A Master’s degree is preferred. A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional engineering experience, including three (3) years of supervisory experience is required. Supervisory/leadership experience is required.
Licensures and Certifications:
Required to possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
SALARY RANGE: $114,000-$152,000 (DOQ) HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours/week
OPENING DATE: Friday, November 18, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Friday, December 16, 2022
Applicants must submit the online employment application at www.elkgrove.org by Friday, December 16, 2022. Attach your cover letter, resume, and references, as indicated. Proof may be required for qualifications. All other inquiries should be directed to the Office of Human Resources: 901 Wellington Avenue, Elk Grove Village, Illinois, 60007.
Email: email@example.com Phone: (847) 357-4020