The Village of Glencoe is seeking a detail-oriented person with a passion for public service for the Accounts Receivable Coordinator in the Finance Department!
Who we are: Our team is made up of people with diverse backgrounds and experience and we share a common goal – providing the very best services to the Glencoe community.
What we do: Our vision is to make Glencoe the community that people choose to live, work and do business, by providing innovative, responsive, high-quality public services in an environmentally and fiscally sustainable manner. Everyone on our team contributes to us achieving this vision! This means that we put our customers’ needs first, we strive to be leaders and innovators, and we believe in always looking for ways to improve.
What the job is: The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is an integral part of the Finance Department’s operations, preparing various billing statements and invoices, processing miscellaneous billing data from invoice to payment, coordinating collection processes and coordinating the Places for Eating Tax collection and compliance. The Accounts Receivable Coordinator also supports daily Finance Department operations by providing customer service, performing data entry and clerical responsibilities, archiving records and coordinating data management activities with other departments. This Accounts Receivable Coordinator is a team player! This position will be cross trained to perform other duties in the Finance Department, including utility billing, accounts payable and front desk operations as needed.
Why Glencoe: In Glencoe, we strive to live our values. As a local government and as an employer, we prioritize building a culture of inclusion, environmental sustainability, continuous improvement, sound financial management, ethical government and providing the highest level of service to all of our customers (our residents, our businesses and our employees). Glencoe has a proven track record of investing in our community’s infrastructure, our organization’s technology and our employees so that we are able to be a responsive, progressive organization.
As an employer, Glencoe offers a highly competitive salary and benefit package, generous vacation and sick leave, a paid family care leave pilot program, hybrid remote work options, IMRF pension and great health insurance options.
Our employees have consistently said they like the strong sense of teamwork in Glencoe and our residents have shared overwhelmingly positive feedback about the Village. In a 2019 community survey, 99% of respondents rated Glencoe as an excellent or good place to live and 93% said they are very satisfied or satisfied with Village services, earning Glencoe national recognition for outstanding service delivery!
Diversity, equity and inclusion are critical to the Village’s success. The Village is committed to fostering a welcoming and inclusive workforce in which all employees are valued, respected and have a sense of belonging. The Village is proud to have a diverse workforce in which all individuals are celebrated.
- Processes and coordinates data from various sources for effective use in billing, online citizen access, form, reports and cash receipts.
- Coordinates the records retention program of the Finance Department and archives records electronically.
- Prepares various billing statements and processes miscellaneous billing data from invoice to payment.
- Coordinates the collection process through the State of Illinois Debt Recovery Program.
- Coordinates Places for Eating Tax collection and compliance.
- Assists the Billing Services Coordinator with accounts payable and accounts receivable activities and serves as backup for cash receipts, accounts payable and utility billing.
- Coordinates renewal processes for annual vehicle and pet licensing, coordinates annual alarm permit renewal process and prepares quarterly alarm occurrence billing.
- Prepares cash receipts, records and other financial information for the Glencoe Golf Club, including the Golf Club’s monthly financial report; prepares month-end journal entries.
- Prepares check requests and purchase orders as needed.
- Provides customer service over the phone and in person at the front counter of Village Hall on a variety of Village-related inquiries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business administration or a closely related field
- 1-3 years of related experience, with emphasis on municipal customer service and administrative support
- Knowledge of efficient record keeping procedures
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations accurate and quickly
- Use of IT systems including telephones, tablets, laptops and computers
- Experience with Tyler Incode/ERP Pro 10 is a plus
Interpersonal and Communication
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work with a team
- Maintain strong working relationship coworkers
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Constant lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Frequent walking and standing (sometimes on uneven surfaces); talking and listening
- Walking, grasping, lifting and carrying objects; reaching, operating hand controls and office equipment
- Strong emphasis on workplace safety
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage frequent interruptions
- The Village strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccination as part of the Village’s commitment to providing a safe work environment and to continue serving the community.
The salary range for the position is $62,925 to $84,443, with occasional opportunities for overtime. The Village offers great benefits, including Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund pension, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance among others.
How to Apply
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job ID 22-12 Accounts Receivable Coordinator in the subject line of the e-mail. The position will remain open until filled, and first application review will take as applications are received.
Persons requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act are asked to contact the Village Manager’s Office at (847) 835-4114. The Village of Glencoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.