The Village of Itasca is seeking qualified candidates to fill the full-time position of Administrative Assistant for the Community Development Department. Under the supervision of the Community Development Director, the Administrative Assistant provides general support for the department and works collaboratively with the Permit Technician on all aspects of permit intake, reviews, inspections, and issuance.
Applicants should excel in working with the public, maintaining confidentiality, and possess strong computer skills including confidence with Microsoft Office programs. The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of the building permitting software for managing and tracking permit reviews and inspections.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently, keep work and time organized, and have excellent follow-through and communication skills. The right candidate will have the ability to actively listen to others to quickly gain an understanding of their needs and ask questions in order to obtain useful and accurate information.
- Promptly and courteously answer and route incoming Village phone calls and front counter inquiries.
- Cashier for payments, including those for building permits, water bills, business licenses, parking permits, and fines. Reconcile daily cash drawer receipts. Prepare daily bank deposits as needed.
- Assist in preparing the notices, agendas, and taking minutes for various CD commissions (may require some evenings).
- Assist with coordination and set-up of meetings, special events, and activities in support of the Village.
- Coordinate with the Elevator Inspection Program and associated documents and letters.
- Coordinate with Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) responses for all CD inquiries as needed.
- Issue over-the-counter permits and release other permits including permit scanning and contacting applicants.
- Perform contractor registration including license information, and schedule building inspections.
- Coordinate accounts receivables and payables for CD including scanning.
- Prepare public information materials, compose correspondence, and compile data for various reports.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED. A minimum of two years experience in bookkeeping or general record keeping and six months of cashier/cash handling experience, plus phone and in-person customer service experience necessary. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required and proficiency in building permitting software preferred.
The starting salary for this position is $52,700 +/- DOQ plus an excellent benefits package.
Qualified candidates should electronically submit a completed employment application, cover letter, and resume to Cindy Sliwinski, HR Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant – Community Development” included in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The employment application can be found on the Village’s website at itasca.com/jobs.aspx.
The Village of Itasca is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.