The Village of Lake Bluff, Illinois (pop: 5,617), a Chicago suburban community where its small size, unpretentious charm, and easygoing spirit sets it apart from the rest of the North Shore, seeks an individual to serve as its next Police Records Clerk following a recent retirement.
The Village’s Police Department employs two full-time clerks and one part-time clerk who work either the day (7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.) or afternoon (2:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.) shift to support the Department’s administrative and customer service functions. Work is in-person at the Village’s Public Safety Building. Work is scheduled primarily during the week but occasional weekend work may be required. The Village may consider adjusting these hours for highly qualified candidates.
The ideal Records Clerk:
- Is detail-oriented and a strong organizer.
- Has an interest in developing research, analytics, and reporting skills.
- Exercises good judgment, initiative, and discretion without direct supervision.
- Effectively communicates in person and over the phone.
- Provides excellent customer service to Village residents.
- Handles difficult situations with tact and courtesy.
- Education: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- Experience: Minimum one to three years performing similar duties. Prior experience in public safety or local government preferable.
- LEADS Certification: This position requires LEADS Full Access Operator certification within 60 days of starting. Existing certification is preferable.
- Residency: No residency requirement applies.
- Pre-Employment Examination: This position routinely handles confidential and sensitive criminal justice information. A pre-employment psychological examination and polygraph test may be required. The Village also conducts a medical examination, criminal background check, prior employment verification, and reference check for all positions.
The current salary for this position is $52,000 ($25.00/hr) to $76,440 ($36.75/hr). Performance reviews are provided annually and may include a merit raise. Village salary ranges are reviewed annually. This position receives paid Village health, vision, dental, and term life insurance. Employees accrue 12 sick days per year, 4 floating holidays, and 10 vacation days per year for the first five years of employment. Retirement benefits include required participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) as well as a voluntary 457 plan administered by MissionSquare Retirement (formerly ICMA-RC).
How To Apply
We encourage anyone interested to review the full job announcement and apply immediately by clicking here or visiting the Village website at lakebluff.org. A first review will occur on Monday, September 19, 2022 of all applications received prior to that date. Applications are accepted online only and hand-delivered, fax, or mailed applications will be declined. The Village is an equal opportunity employer.