The Village of Libertyville is seeking a full-time Director of Finance/Treasurer. The Finance Department operates with a full-time staff of 4 employees and manages a Village Budget of $80 million. The Village has received both the GFOA Distinguished Budget Presentation Award and the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for the past 20+ years and recently submitted an application for the inaugural Popular Annual Financial Report.
- Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred in accounting, finance, or a field related to the work AND five (5) years of managerial experience in public finance; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) also highly desirable.
- Has planned, organized and administered a comprehensive financial management and reporting program.
- Possess strong communication skills in order to present complex financial concepts.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of generally accepted accounting standards and practices, with an emphasis on governmental and fund accounting, including methods of financial reporting and financial statement preparation.
- Experience with financial strategic planning and multi-year financial forecasting.
- Knowledge and experience with principles and practices of budget development and administration.
- Has a demonstrated record of successful staff selection, development and retention, creating an environment of professional growth and excellence for the organization through training, evaluation, and advancement opportunities.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of actuarial analysis and reporting as they relate to Police and Fire Pensions.
- Experience in working with bond financial advisors to forecast, plan, manage and maintain the Village’s long-term debt.
- Experience in preparing tax levy and abatements, budgets, five-year financial plans on an annual basis, and annual audit.
- Experience in conducting analytic studies, review and presentation of findings, evaluation of alternatives and preparation of written and/or statistical reports and presentations.
The expected hiring range is $150,000 – $175,000, depending upon qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefit package includes participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), health insurance including medical, and dental, (also available to dependents), life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, optional 457 plan participation, and paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave and personal days, as well as tuition reimbursement.
How to Apply
A resume, cover letter and contact information for five professional references should be submitted to Jeni Houtz, HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial review of resumes beginning Friday, February 10, 2023.