The Village of Lincolnshire is accepting applications for the position of General Maintenance – Utilities Division for the Public Works Department. Lincolnshire is looking for driven, focused, and motivated individuals, that are ready to start or continue a very successful and rewarding career in the Public Sector. Lincolnshire is comprised of a wealth of talent, knowledge and experience ranging from 30+ years with the Village, to just starting with the team. Lincolnshire offers a professional platform for team building, learning, camaraderie, growth, surround by a Culture of Care. Start your career today with the Village of Lincolnshire.
Duties and Responsibilities: Performing routine maintenance/repairs to the water distribution system and the sanitary sewer system, to include but not limited to lift stations, hydrants, valves, curb stops, corporation stops, laterals, services, vaults, manholes, water main, sewer main, pumps, electrical systems, and control panels. This position also collects monthly/quarterly water samples for laboratory testing. Maintains emergency generators located at pump/lift stations. Performs Monthly meter readings. Participate in annual programs such as hydrant flushing, hydrant painting and lift station cleaning. Performs J.U.L.I.E. utility locates. Utilizes smart technology such as iPads, laptops, computers, smart phones, cameras, and technical equipment. Prepares and maintains various records and reports.
- Heavy equipment operating, to include but not limited to backhoes, skid steers, loaders, dump trucks, rollers, plate compactors, hauling equipment with trailers, excavators, and street saws.
- Supervisory, Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) experience.
- Mechanical Diagnostic skills
- Use of power tools
- Electrical diagnosis/Repairs (480v/230v/120v)
- Plumbing diagnosis/Repairs (Plumbing Code, Pumps, Valves, Check Valves, Water closets)
- Water meter diagnosis/Repairs (AMI, AMR systems)
- Hydrant diagnosis/Repairs
- Building Maintenance
- Record keeping
- Plan review
- Snow and Ice Control (Anti-Ice, Plowing, Salting)
This position is a dedicated 365 days/24 hours/7 days a week, On-Call position that rotates, for after-hour Utilities emergencies and snow/ice control as needed.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License
- Class C Water Operators License
- 5 Years Municipal Work Experience
Salary Range: The starting salary range for this position is $71,060 – $81,000 dependent upon qualifications. The Village offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off; medical, dental, and life insurance; and membership in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF). Residency is not required.
Agency Contact: Please send a completed job application, resume, and cover letter to Leslie Cole, Village of Lincolnshire, 1 Olde Half Day Road, Lincolnshire, IL 60069, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Lincolnshire is an equal opportunity employer. This position will be reporting to the Public Works Facility Monday-Friday from 6:30am-3:00pm and will work under the general direction of the Utilities Superintendent.
Deadline: The position is open until filled.