The Village of Lincolnwood is seeking an Assistant to the Finance Director to perform a variety of complex analytical and technical duties related to the accounting and finance in the Finance Department. Responsibilities include: accounting, budgeting, payroll, cash management, investments and debt management. The next Assistant to the Finance Director must have a strong work ethic, attention to detail, customer service skills, be creative and adept at multi-tasking.
This position reports to the Director of Finance and has regular interactions with other Departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and reconciles general ledger and all subsidiary ledgers in an accurate and proficient manner including the reconciling of all bank accounts on a monthly basis and preparing monthly closing entries.
- Manages the accounting and administration for the Village’s payroll and accounts payable systems, including maintenance of data files, general ledger, and subsequent journal entries, prepare quarterly tax returns, and W-2 reconciliation; insure accurate submission of monthly payroll reports.
- Along with the Finance Director, coordinates the development of the Village’s annual budget development, including coordination of budget development activities with all departments, participates in internal budget review processes, and prepares annual budget reports. Coordinates quarterly budget reporting activities with all departments and prepares budget reports for senior management and the Village Board.
- Supervises 2 staff members and the clerical functions of the Department, including accounts payable, cash receipts, and accounts receivable.
- Manages the Village’s annual audit process.
- Assists with TIF District administration.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, Business or other relevant area, and prior accounting and/or financial statement preparation. Two (2) years of accounting experience is preferred.
Hours and Compensation:
The salary range for this position is $92,238 to $124,522 DOQ. This position is classified as a full-time, exempt, non-union position. The Village provides a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and life insurance, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund Pension, Mission Square retirement plans, paid sick, vacation, and holiday time, and more.
To apply, please complete an application for employment at www.lincolnwoodil.org/employment. Applications will be received until December 9, 2022.