The Village is seeking an Assistant Finance Director to assist the Finance Director with a variety of accounting, payroll, budget preparation, supervision, records management, auditing and other operational functions. The Assistant Finance Director also works closely with other Village departments in budgeting, bidding and purchasing, auditing and reconciliation, preparation of reports and assisting with the review and management of employee health and insurance benefits.
The Assistant Finance Director will, under the direction of the Finance Director:
- Assist the Finance Director with various duties, including accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, and cash management.
- Supervise clerical staff performance of operational duties including accounts payable, utility billing, payroll and special projects.
- Supervise and modify front desk operations including customer service processes and respond to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Manage the annual audit.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field from an accredited college or university and have a minimum of 5 years experience in a government finance related field. The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
Knowledge, skills and experience in generally accepted accounting principles; use of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel) and Adobe; customer service; understanding various municipal pension and health & benefit programs; organization; fluency in English required.
- Clear and professional writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgement.
- Ability to effectively problem solve and to prioritize and multitask to meet objectives and established deadlines
- Ability to work with the Village’s ERP to become in-house expert of the financial module
- Ability to develop functional skills related to utilizing other Village software specific to departments/tasks in which responsibilities lie. (i.e. Freedom of Information software, ticket & code enforcement software and other finance software).
Salary range $101,065 – $130,738 DOQ. IMRF pension and excellent benefit package included. Go to: www.mortongroveil.org/government/employment-opportunities/ for a full Job Description.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Cover letters should be addressed to the attention of Hanna Sullivan, Finance Director.
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Village of Morton Grove
Attn: Human Resources
6101 Capulina Avenue
Morton Grove, Illinois 60053