The Village of Mount Prospect, Illinois, population 56,852 is located along Metra’s Union Pacific Northwest Line, 23 miles from downtown Chicago and five miles north of O’Hare International Airport. The Village’s Police Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Part-Time Records Specialist. The position is for 20 hours a week (two 8-hour days, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and one 5-hour day, 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
The Part-time Records Specialist of the Records Division is a civilian employee under direct supervision of the Records Supervisor. The Records Specialist is responsible for day-to-day clerical and customer service duties within the Records Division. As an employee of the Mount Prospect Police Department, the Records Specialist is expected to perform job duties in a courteous, professional manner in all dealings with the general public and department personnel, and to comply with the orders, policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the department.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of all records and documents managed in the Records Division.
- Perform general office and clerical duties including but not limited to data entry, filing, answering the telephone and providing copies.
- Provide excellent customer service at the records counter and/or over the telephone, responding to a variety of inquiries concerning Village Ordinances, policies and procedures.
- Cross-train into all functions of the Records Division in order to assist during absences of other Records Specialists.
- Perform such other tasks as assigned by the Records Supervisor or Administrative Commander.
The candidate must have a High School Diploma or GED, a minimum of 1-2 years office experience in a customer-service facing environment, proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), excellent customer service, time management and organizational skills.
The starting salary is $27.45/hour DOQ. Excellent benefits include IMRF pension, holiday and vacation time, longevity pay and 457 retirement plan.
Please send Village of Mount Prospect Employment Application, resume and cover letter to Commander Bart Tweedie, Mount Prospect Police Department. 911 E. Kensington Road, Mount Prospect, IL 60056. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is 5:00 p.m. December 13, 2023.
The Village of Mount Prospect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to be a welcoming and inclusive place for all. People of diverse backgrounds, veterans and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.