Interviews for the Human Resources Generalist position will not be scheduled until 01/2023.
The Village of Niles is seeking a candidate for the full-time position of Human Resources Generalist. This position performs work of a professional and technical nature involving research and coordination of HR activities. This position works alongside the Director of Human Resources and HR Assistant to ensure excellent customer service to Niles candidates, employees, and retirees.
Qualified candidates will have a keen attention to detail and remain organized in a quick changing, fast-paced environment. Ideal applicants will also possess excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as an ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
In exchange for outstanding skills, the Village of Niles is offering a starting salary range of $69,914+, dependent on qualifications. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance; IMRF pension; 457 plans; paid time off; a wellness incentive program; and tuition reimbursement with an emphasis on employee professional development.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Direct supervision of the HR Assistant
- Coordinates open enrollment and oversees insurance and benefit programs
- Maintains data in Munis (Tyler) software in relation to employee management, payroll, and time and attendance; assists with implementation and rollout of new HR modules and processes
- Administers Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and other leaves of absences
- Conducts full-time recruitment and assists with part-time recruitment, as requested
- Conducts orientations and onboarding for newly hired or promoted staff
- Conducts exit interviews and assists with offboarding activities
- Monitors and coordinates occupational health services
- Implements and executes Affordable Care Act reporting requirements
- Assists with employee relations, investigations, and disciplinary procedures, as requested
- Serves as a backup for union negotiations and supports union relations
- Oversees the wellness program, including research and recommendations for enhancements
- Administers the Village training calendar and related programs
- Oversees the Employee Participation Committee (EPC) and the employee DEI Task Force
- Researches and analyzes HR trends and data, as requested
Qualifications and Conditions:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field is required
- Minimum of two years’ experience performing professional or technical work in HR
- Experience in a local government human resources’ setting is preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
The Village of Niles is an Equal Opportunity Employer