The Village of Niles is seeking a candidate for the full-time position of Management Analyst in the Public Works Department. The Management Analyst assumes a lead role in management of a variety of routine and complex administrative, technical, and professional activities in the development, implementation, evaluation, and coordination of various Public Works activities.
In exchange for outstanding skills, the Village is offering a hiring range of $64,735 – $77,000, depending on qualifications. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance; IMRF pension; 457b plans; paid time off including vacation time, sick time, doctor appointment leave, personal days, and extended leave; a wellness incentive program; and tuition reimbursement with an emphasis on professional development.
Essential Job Functions (full job description available upon request)
- Coordinate projects, prepare project information for distribution, and interact frequently with other Departments;
- Prepare various bid specifications and coordinate with various contractors/vendors;
- Prepare communication material;
- Review, develop, implement, and administer policies and/or standard operating procedures;
- Review, develop, coordinate, implement, and monitor an effective safety training and risk management;
- Manage the development of standard operating procedures, as well as monitor and measure Department adherence to said procedures
- Research best practices and industry trends and identify and recommend areas for improvement;
- Assist with budget development, preparation, monitoring, and reporting of expenditures;
- Identify, analyze, write, and monitor status of Department grants and other funding sources;
- Research and perform special administrative studies and prepare a variety of reports, including confidential staffing analysis, collective bargaining agreement proposals, standard operating procedures, cost-benefit, overtime, and productivity analyses;
- Serve as Department safety and general training coordinator;
- Participate in community and Village events as required;
- Supervise clerical staff or as assigned;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration or similar field from an accredited college or university is required; Master’s Degree in similar field is preferred;
- At least one (1) year of experience in municipal government required; experience in Public Works strongly preferred;
- Experience with basic accounting and budgeting, knowledge of Public Works and infrastructure maintenance activities, and familiarity with project management strongly preferred;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Valid driver’s license is required;
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and deadlines, exercise good judgment, handle confidential matters with discretion is required;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as be knowledgeable in specialized applications including but not limited to GIS software applications, work order and management software, and financial/budget tracking systems;
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
The Village of Niles is an Equal Opportunity Employer