The Village of Northbrook, Illinois (population 35,222), is a thriving, progressive community strategically located 25 miles north of Chicago. Home to several corporate headquarters, an upscale mall, a charming downtown, and several public transit resources, Northbrook is a prosperous village with a small-town feel. A family-oriented community, residents enjoy a variety of events and recreational opportunities, parks and natural areas, dining and retail choices, and high quality municipal services. Northbrook has a diverse blend of rich history and strong civic-minded leadership, making it a wonderful place to live, work, and play.
The Northbrook Village Manager’s Office is seeking an independent, detail oriented problem solver to assist the Village Clerk/Director of Administrative Services with diverse administrative tasks. Much of the work performed will be confidential. The selected individual will assist with the following essential operations:
- Greeting and providing information to visitors. Assisting with answering telephone calls.
- Answering residents’ questions and assisting with problem resolution.
- Assisting with the annual business licensing.
- Assisting with the processing of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Assisting elections including voter registration and answering voter questions.
- Assisting with records management related projects.
- Ordering office and other supplies for the Village Manager’s Office.
- Keeping track of meeting rooms and availability of meetings rooms for meeting requests.
- Providing highly responsible clerical support.
- Supporting efficient operation of internal and external customer service in the Village Manager’s Office.
- Various other routine and specialized administrative duties.
Those with a strong interest in local government and an enthusiasm for serving the community are encouraged to apply. This position in the Village Manager’s Office provides opportunities to work collaboratively with departments and to broaden work experiences in order to build a well-rounded understanding of local government administration.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate’s degree preferred. A minimum of five years of general clerical experience. Some knowledge of public sector organizations is desirable. A Notary Public Commission required, or within six months of hire. Candidates must be able to exercise considerable initiative, independent judgment, and discretion. While the ability to multitask is important, the accuracy of work product is essential.
Starting salary is $52,000 +/- depending on experience and qualifications. The Village also offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes pension (IMRF), health & dental Insurance, life insurance and generous leave benefits. Required work hours include Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The application form can be found at https://www.northbrook.il.us/application.
In order to be considered for this position, resumes/applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Customer Service Representative in the subject field. Failure in doing so may result in your application not being reviewed. Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.