Collective Impact Manager
The Village of Oak Park, Illinois, a dynamic community, located just eight miles west of Downtown Chicago, is accepting applications to fill the Collective Impact Manager position. Under the general direction of the Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Officer, the Collective Impact Manager will be responsible for building and assessing racial equity impact needs and developing a strategic plan to support those needs. This includes driving the initiatives focused on the Racial Equity Action Plan through community assessments, community engagement, data functions, and overall internal and external functions.
The incumbent provides subject matter expertise in the professional practice of assessing and employing methods and strategies for achieving racial equity utilizing a collective impact approach. Will work collaboratively with Village staff while also facilitating community engagement to help guide equitable development and implementation of Village policy, programs, and services from an equity impact praxis. As well provide subject matter expertise in the evaluation of the intersectional and interlocking of systems of oppression from a racial equity lens.
The incumbent will also foster an inclusive community culture and positive intercultural relations; enabling opportunities for community reconciliation where necessary; and preserving and advancing Oak Park’s policy and operational commitment to being a welcoming community.
The ideal applicant should have three years of diversity, equity and inclusion and/or anti-racism work and possess training equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Human Resource management, organizational development, education, psychology, sociology, social work, business administration, or a related field, or a combination of experience and education that is equivalent. A master’s degree in a qualified area is preferred.
The ideal applicant will be able to accomplish the items listed below
- Provide innovative problem-solving leadership to address racial equity impact needs
- Evaluate current racial equity impact needs for the Village
- Support the development of a DEI dashboard and provide reports to leadership team
- Oversee and guide DEI gap analyses in a service delivery model
- Supports the day to day operations for the Office of Racial Equity and Collective Impact
- Co-lead for the Village organization’s Equity team for the purpose of developing and implementing racial equity metrics to benchmark organizational progress toward goals
- Serves as an organizational and community resource, thought partner and subject matter expert on racial equity and inclusion
- Engages and empowers Village employees to help lead and coordinate internal and external diversity and inclusion related events and activities
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of best practices for DEI impact implementation
- Ability to foster and broker relationship internally and externally to support overall goals for the Racial Equity Action Plan
- Provide direction and support to partner organizations seeking to grow in their DEI journey.
- Develop DEI Impact priorities and oversee the implementation of these priorities
- Identify DEI areas of collaboration between the Village and community partners and develop a plan to align duties to increase equity efficiency
- Coordinate research and other activities with initiative partners to minimize redundancies and align strategies
- Cultivate excellent working relationships with community leaders
- Create or manage creation of quarterly progress reports for Village and external stakeholders as needed
- Oversee work of data consultant
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Compensation, Benefits, Experience and Training
The compensation for this position is $75,000-$90,000 DOQ. This is an exempt, non-union position.
Applicants can apply directly using the following link:
https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6141780.careers?ApplyToJob=537117711. For additional information on the position visit: www.oak-park.us/jobs. Submit applications and resumes by mail to Human Resources, Village of Oak Park, 123 Madison Street, Oak Park, IL 60302; or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Village of Oak Park offers a highly competitive benefit package that includes a retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, social security, health & life insurance, vacation, sick leave & other benefits. Applications will be accepted until filled
The Village of Oak Park is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color