Pingree Grove, IL (10,365) Pingree Grove, a high growth community located immediately adjacent to the City of Elgin in Kane County, is seeking a dynamic, highly professional, energetic candidates interested in serving as its next Village Manager. The Village continues its fast-paced expansion as it builds a thriving, family-oriented community. With many significant infrastructure improvements planned, the community is poised for additional residential and limited commercial growth. Pingree Grove has diverse housing options from estate homes to townhomes and condominiums supported by high quality schools. The Village Manager oversees the dynamic day-to-day operations of the village including the supervision of Police, Public Works, Finance and Administrative services. The Village Manager reports to an elected board consisting of a Village President and six Trustees. The Board welcomed a new Village President and three new Trustees as a result of the April 2023 election. As a trusted partner to the elected officials, staff and community, the Village Manager is responsible for the implementation of policy and the overall operations of a $4.6 million General Fund budget, a Water Fund of $21.7 million and $3.6 million in other funds. The Water Fund has a planned expense of $70 million over three years for an upgrade of the wastewater treatment plant. The staff team includes 32 full time and 7 part time employees.
Qualified individuals will be expected to have:
- A minimum of five years’ experience including in a leadership position in a community of comparable complexity.
- A bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, public policy, or related field; a master’s degree in public administration, business administration, planning or a related field is desired.
- An energetic, team-oriented leadership style with extensive knowledge of and practice in modern local government management and land use planning concepts, principles, strategies, practices, and techniques.
- Experience with the challenges and demands of a fast-growing residential community with commercial development on the horizon. Practiced in negotiating development agreements including financial incentives, and other economic development techniques to ensure quality development without compromising the Village’s fiscal position or creating undue operational demands.
- Experience coordinating water and wastewater infrastructure expansion including the oversight of a sophisticated capital financing plan, grant administration and contract oversight.
- Experience with municipal finance and an understanding of fiscally conservative budgeting and financial operations. Prior background in developing a long-term financial plan to address roadway improvements, and other foundational community amenities will be advantageous.
- A self-sufficient, driven management style who will relentlessly pursue grants, service delivery innovation and out of the box thinking.
- Engage employees and residents, assisting their efforts to enhance the quality of life and further community engagement with a variety of tools including social media, events, and resident forums.
- A creative, problem-solving approach and well developed interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
Starting salary range is $160,000 +/- DOQ, depending on qualifications and experience. Residency is not required. Apply online with résumé, cover letter, and contact information for 5 professional references by June 12, 2023.
attention: Kathleen Rush, GovHR USA, Tel: (847)-380-3240.