Planning and Development Coordinator, Village of Romeoville, IL
The Village of Romeoville (pop. 40,000) is seeking a Planning and Development Coordinator who desires an opportunity to manage a wide variety of planning and development projects. This highly responsible position is a key member of the Village development review team and provides leadership and expertise for planning and development projects. The Village of Romeoville is a progressive community that has over 40,000 residents and a diverse economy that includes almost 40 million square feet of business park space, major commercial corridors, a variety of housing stock and redevelopment districts. The position reports to the Community Development Director.
- Coordinates the review of all development projects by Village staff, Commissions, and consultants.
- Provides direction and coordinates the work of the staff planner.
- Prepares and presents detailed analysis, recommendations and staff reports to boards and committees.
- Manages long-range planning projects, including the maintenance of the comprehensive plan.
- Primary staff liaison to the Planning and Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Reviews building permits, business licenses, property transfers and development plans for compliance with Village codes.
- Assists with economic development functions, including business attraction and retention, review of incentives and facilitating projects within redevelopment districts.
- Researches and provides information and advice to the public, developers, property owners and others regarding planning, zoning, and economic development matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s Degree in Urban Planning or a closely related field is preferred. At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience is required. AICP certification is a plus.
- Candidates should have demonstrated success in leading, collaborating and communicating. The ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with the public, committees, developers, and others is essential.
- Requires general knowledge of Microsoft Office and ArcGIS software.
Benefit and Salary Information
The starting salary for this position is $93,000 to $105,000, depending on qualifications. This is a full-time position with an excellent benefit package, including health insurance, IMRF pension, vacation time, paid holidays, and sick time.
Applications may be obtained on the Village website. http://www.romeoville.org/
Please include a cover letter, resume and three references with your completed employment application.
Submit application and accompanying materials to:
Doris Mann, Human Resources Manager
Village of Romeoville
1050 W. Romeo Road
Romeoville, IL. 60446
815-886-7209 phone 815-886-5674 fax
Position Open until filled