The Village of Savoy, Illinois (population 8,857) is looking for an Administrative Assistant who can assist with a robust set of responsibilities including, but not limited to, records management; maintaining the Village Code; preparing public meeting notices, meeting minutes, and agendas; responding to Freedom of Information Act requests; operating the customer service functions of Village Hall; providing administrative and operational support needs to assigned department.
This is an hourly, full-time, non-exempt position that works under the supervision and direction of the Village Clerk.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing.
- Working knowledge of current front office practices and procedures.
- Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to type at least 50 words per minute with accuracy and precision.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED).
- Two (2) years of experience in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting, and bookkeeping.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Compensation and Benefit Package
This position offers an hourly rate between $15.00 – $20.00 depending on qualifications and experience. Additionally, the Village offers free individual membership to the Village’s Recreation Center and offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation; sick leave; holiday pay; individual life insurance; 100% employer-paid employee health insurance (employee pays 50% for dependents), dental insurance; and a pension plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
How to Apply
Email a resume, cover letter, and five professional references to Village Clerk Wendy Hundley. Email: email@example.com. This position is open until filled. The first review of applications will occur on August 8, 2022.