The Village of Savoy, Illinois (pop. 8,857) seeks a Management Analyst to support the Community and Economic Development (CED) Department. This is a salaried, full-time, and exempt position that reports to the CED Director. This position is integral to the Village’s business recruitment and retention, workforce development, and community development programs. The Management Analyst will gather and analyze data to evaluate policy; identify opportunities to enhance community resources; assist with grant applications and grant management; manage special projects; and assist community stakeholders with the development processes. The Management Analysist will prepare recommendations that will inform Village policy and promote community wellbeing. A full job description is available at http://www.savoy.illinois.gov/employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Public Administration, Public Policy, Urban Planning, or similarly related field.
- Two (2) years public or private sector experience in commercial development, real estate management, urban planning, economic development, or community development. Internships may count towards required experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Public Administration, Public Policy, Urban Planning, or similarly related field.
- Experience in municipal setting, or with commercial land development; business attraction and retention; economic development policies; community development; or urban planning.
- Knowledge of and experience with effectively utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Compensation and Benefit Package
This position offers a salary with an expected hiring range of $55,000 to $70,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Additionally, the Village offers free individual membership to the Village’s Recreation Center and offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation; sick leave; holiday pay; individual life insurance; 100% employer-paid employee health insurance (employee pays 50% for dependents), dental insurance; and a pension plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
How to Apply
Email a resume, cover letter, and five professional references to Community and Economic Development Director Katie Simpson. Email: email@example.com. This position is open until filled. The first review of applications will occur on August 8, 2022.