Village of Savoy, Public Works Director
The Village of Savoy, Illinois (population 8,607), seeks professional and innovative candidates committed to servant leadership for the position of Public Works Director. This is a salaried full-time exempt position that reports to the Village Administrator. Beyond providing purpose, direction, and motivation for staff and managing all department operations; the Public Works Director will develop and implement the Village’s Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), Comprehensive Sewer Plan, Capital Improvement Program, and provide for the Village’s engineering and infrastructure needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering, public or business administration, or a closely related field.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in public works administration, operations, or related field, including three (3) years of supervisory experience in those areas.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations within 30 minutes.
- Master’s degree in civil or environmental engineering, public or business administration or closely related field.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in public works administration, operations, or related field, including five (5) years of supervisory experience in those areas.
- Possession of an Illinois Professional Engineering License issued by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation.
Compensation and Benefit Package
This position offers a salary with an expected hiring range of $79,000 – $97,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Additionally, the Village offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, holiday pay, health coverage, and a pension plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
How to Apply
To apply, submit by email a resume, cover letter, and five professional references to Christopher Walton, Village Administrator. Email: email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted through 5:00 PM CST Monday, November 16, 2020.
« Back to Listings