Incorporated on April 10, 1956, the Village of Savoy is a home rule Illinois municipal corporation with a population of 8,857. The Village seeks an experienced, fiscally sound, and dedicated individual to serve as Village’s Treasurer. This is an appointed, salaried, full-time, and exempt position. The Village Treasurer performs a variety of routine and complex clerical, accounting, finance, investment, tax collection, and administrative work in managing the short- and long-term financial health and growth of the Village. The Village Treasurer also serves as the Village’s Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) Agent. For a complete job description, please visit https://www.savoy.illinois.gov/employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, public administration, or related field.
- At least five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in financing, accounting, and budgeting.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, licensure, and experience.
- Must be bondable.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, public administration, or related field.
- Ten (10) years of increasingly responsible experience in financing, accounting, and budgeting in the government sector.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or similar professional financial license or designation.
Compensation and Benefits
The annual salary range for this position is $75,000 to $100,000, depending on qualifications. Additionally, the Village offers free individual membership to the Village’s Recreation Center and offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation; sick leave; holiday pay; individual life insurance; 100% employer-paid employee health, dental, and vision insurance (employee pays 50% for dependents); and enrollment in IMRF. Village residency is preferred but not required.
How to Apply
The position is open until filled. Interested applicants should provide a cover letter, resume, and contact information for five (5) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic applications will be accepted.