The Village of Schaumburg is a thriving community of 78,723 residents located 11 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and approximately 26 miles northwest of Chicago. Not only is Schaumburg the twelfth-largest community in the State of Illinois, but it is also home to the second-largest concentration of retail, office, and commercial activity. Notable village distinctions include being rated as an excellent or good place to live by 95% of respondents in the National Community Survey; having multiple
highly-awarded and accredited departments; and being recognized as a Better Business Town by The Better Business Bureau of Chicago and Northern Illinois.
The village employs approximately 600 employees in 12 departments, including police, fire, engineering and public works, communications, community development, cultural services, economic development, finance, general government, human resources, information technology, and transportation. Our employees work to serve the residents and strive to make Schaumburg the best community it can be.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Management Analyst (Engineering & Public Works)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
STARTING SALARY RANGE:
$69,532.00 – $85,179.00 annually dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $69,532.00- $100,825.00.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position is assigned administrative and management work designed to provide professional support to both the Assistant Director and Director of Engineering & Public Works. These assigned responsibilities will aid the Engineering & Public Works personnel in the development and ongoing administration of a variety of village programs and services, and in the management of related administrative functions as well as assist in the planning and/or execution of the administrative operations. This position will include a strong focus on asset management and data analytic initiatives.
The position will focus on the Department’s business intelligence including predictive analytics to accurately time proper operational and capital investments to drive efficiency, prioritize capital expenditures supporting Village strategies, and focus on asset lifecycle costs. This position assumes responsibility for assigned projects and will be required to analyze different approaches to projects and make recommendations and/or decisions on how to manage the project and related problems. Supports the Engineering & Public Works Department in planning, implementing, and reviewing a variety of operational functions and capital improvement projects. Additional responsibilities may also include creating contract documents, assist departmental staff with technology hardware issues, assisting with or resolving resident complaints, and the preparation of materials for the village president, board of trustees, or advisory bodies of the village as directed.
To succeed in this role the ideal candidate will need to effectively communicate to a full range of people, be able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals, and manage and prioritize multiple projects with thoroughness and accuracy. We are looking to add a team member motivated by success, someone capable of working towards achieving higher results and improved performance.
May be eligible for flexible schedule/hybrid work options.
1. Develops and deploys technologies, processes, and tools for communication, business intelligence, asset lifecycle management, preventive maintenance planning/scheduling, budget management, and process automation.
2. Acts as program administrator for asset management software. Works with Department staff, other departments, and contractors to maintainand monitor the software, database, and connections to data.
3. Acts as I.T. liaison for the Department’s technology and hardware.
4. Conducts organizational and procedural analyses utilizing field investigation and analytical techniques to identify, develop and implement practices, programs, policies, and procedures, and impacting projections and any other factors affecting municipal service delivery in department, divisions, or sections.
5. Designs systems and procedures within the position’s discretion and expertise to measure and increase effectiveness, efficiency and economy of work processes, policy determination and management decision-making. Acts in the capacity of project lead for special projects, including meeting facilitation and coordination among employees both within and outside of the Engineering & Public Works Department.
6. Provides critical input to the development of maintenance management plans for Public Works maintenance and operations Divisions and ofthe Capital Improvement Program.
7. Tracks and reports on key performance indicators.
8. Conducts timely reviews of the Village of Schaumburg Code of Ordinances, policies, procedures and makes recommendations for changes. Works in concert with designated staff to bring applicable changes to advisory bodies, standing committees, and to the village board foradoption.
9. Serves as one of the points of contact within the Engineering and Public Works Department for visitors, community, and organizational members to determine and implement appropriate response to inquiries and concerns. Responds to various outside complaints from the quarterly newsletter, Customer Service Requests/CSRs, or as directed.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in public or business administration or closely related field.
2. A minimum of two years of experience in a similar position in local government administration or related field, which shall have been at thelevel of administrative or management intern or higher.
3. Proficiency with current computer technology, job specific software, and customer service systems.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER