VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG
Human Resources Department
101 Schaumburg Court, Schaumburg, IL 60193
The Village of Schaumburg is a thriving community of 78,732 residents located 12 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and approximately26 miles northwest of Chicago. Not only is Schaumburg the twelfth-largest community in the State of Illinois, but it is also home to the second-largest concentration of retail, office, and commercial activity. Notable village distinctions include being named one of the “Top Ten Best Places to Live” by Money Magazine; being ranked No. 5 overall in WalletHub’s “Best Illinois Cities for Jobs”; and receiving the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association for meeting the highest principles of governmental budgeting for the seventh consecutive year.
The village employs approximately 600 employees in 12 departments, including police, fire, engineering and public works, communications, community development, cultural services, economic development, finance, general government, human resources, information technology, and transportation. Our employees work to serve the residents and strive to make Schaumburg the best community it can be.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Engineering Project Manager (Engineering & Public Works)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
The salary range for this position is $86,718.00 – $125,769.00.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position manages the implementation of a variety of capital projects and recommends hiring and managing consultants on a variety of professional consulting agreements. The position performs professional administrative responsibilities including contract administration and technical work related to public works projects.
To succeed in this role, applicants will need to effectively and clearly communicate to a full range of people, inside and outside the organization, be capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects and tasks with thoroughness and accuracy, and be able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals.
1. Oversees construction management of village capital improvement projects.
2. Prepares, reviews and issues Requests for Qualifications and Proposals, interviews consulting firms and makes recommendations to award the contract to a consultant.
3. Reviews competitive bids and makes recommendations to award the contract to a contractor.
4. Assists in the development and preparation of long-range capital improvement programs and budgets, recognized as the Capital Improvement Plan(CIP).
5. Prepares committee reports and presents these reports at village committee meetings as required or as directed by the Engineering Division Manager or the Director of Engineering and Public Works.
6. Composes documents, including but not limited to grants, memorandums, resolutions, estimated quantities, etc. Corresponds with other village departments and other agencies.
7. Works directly with residents and businesses impacted by village projects and is responsible to provide interactive public relations on projects with significant impacts to the public.
8. Plans and implements capital improvement projects, including the preparation of engineering plans and bidding documents.
9. Coordinates with the Geographic Information System (GIS) staff in updating Village maps as to update GIS as improvements both CIP and Development related are completed.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or closely related field.
2. A minimum of three years of experience in the field of civil engineering, such as that gained with a Village or City Engineering Department, a contractor or
consultant specializing in engineering design for public works improvement and land development.
3. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
4. Proficiency with current computer technology, job specific software, and customer service systems.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER