VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG
Human Resources Department
101 Schaumburg Court, Schaumburg, IL 60193
The Village of Schaumburg is a thriving community of 78,732 residents located 12 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and approximately 26 miles northwest of Chicago. Not only is Schaumburg the twelfth-largest community in the State of Illinois, but it is also home to the second-largest concentration of retail, office, and commercial activity. Notable village distinctions include being named one of the “Top Ten Best Places to Live” by Money Magazine; being ranked No. 5 overall in WalletHub’s “Best Illinois Cities for Jobs”; and receiving the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association for meeting the highest principles of governmental budgeting for the seventh consecutive year.
The village employs approximately 600 employees in 12 departments, including police, fire, engineering and public works, communications, community development, cultural services, economic development, finance, general government, human resources, information technology, and transportation. Our employees work to serve the residents and strive to make Schaumburg the best community it can be.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Intern – Accounting (Finance Department) summer with an online application deadline of 03/31/2023.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
PAY RATE: $18.00 per hour based on a 35-hour workweek.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position assists the Finance Department with a variety of projects and day to day activities. This position will complete research and analysis for specific projects in the achievement of Director of Finance priorities and may also be assigned and responsible for independent projects. Position is for the summer months typically based on a 35-hour work week.
To succeed in this role the ideal candidate will need to effectively communicate to a full range of people, be able to work cooperatively and effectively with others, be motivated to complete tasks/responsibilities, have a willingness to learn, and be able to shift gears comfortably.
- Assists in annual audit, by preparing workpapers, financial statement schedules, notes, and responding to auditors’ requests for information.
2. Assists with month-end and year-end close journal entries.
3. Assists in the preparation of financial reports and requirements that the department is responsible for as directed by the Director of Finance.
4. Assists Finance Department and other village departments in new or ongoing research projects, and with tasks or assignments, including routine processes or other administrative assistance.
5. Undertakes independent projects as directed by the Executive Team of the Finance Department.
6. Dedicates self to the core values of customer service, teamwork, integrity, respect, and trust with the goal of providing excellent services and programs to meet the needs of the community and those within the organization.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Acceptance and current participation as a full-time student in an accredited Bachelor’s or Graduate degree program in finance, accounting, or closely related field.
2. Proficient with current computer technology, job related software, and customer service systems.
Part-Time employees are not eligible for benefits.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER