Job Title: Intern – Finance (Summer)
Req Id 12004 – Posted 12/01/2019 – Internship
VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG
Human Resources Department
101 Schaumburg Court
Schaumburg, IL 60193
The Village of Schaumburg is a thriving community of 75,936 residents located 12 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and
approximately 26 miles northwest of the City of Chicago. The community is the base of the second largest concentration of retail,
office and commercial activity in the state of Illinois. Of special distinction, the village was recently named one of the “Top Ten Best
Places to Live” by Money Magazine, is ranked No. 5 overall in WalletHub’s “Best Illinois Cities for Jobs” and, for the fifth year in a
row, received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for meeting
the highest principles of governmental budgeting.
The village employs approximately 600 employees in a variety of departments within the organization, such as police, fire, public
works, engineering, finance, human resources, cultural services, community development, information technology, and
transportation. Our employees work to serve the residents and strive to make Schaumburg the best community it can be.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Intern – Finance (Summer) with an online application deadline of 01/15/2020 or until 75 applicants have successfully completed the
STARTING PAY RATE: $11.56 per hour.
WORK SCHEDULE: Position is for the summer months typically based on a 35-hour work week.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position assists the Finance Department members in a variety of projects and day-to-day activities. This position will complete
research and analysis for specific projects in the achievement of Director of Finance priorities and may also be assigned and
responsible for independent projects.
Position is for the summer months typically based on a 35 hour work week.
1. Assists in the preparation of financial reports and requirements that the department is responsible for as directed by the
Director of Finance.
2. Completes financial analyses as directed by the Executive Team Finance Department.
3. Assists Finance Department and other village departments in new or ongoing research projects, and with tasks or
assignments, including routine processes or other administrative assistance.
4. Undertakes independent projects as directed by the Executive Team Finance Department.
5. Dedicates self to the core values of customer service, teamwork, integrity, respect, and trust with the goal of providing
excellent services and programs to meet the needs of the community and those within the organization.
6. Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
1. Acceptance and current participation as a full-time student in an accredited Bachelor’s or Graduate degree program in public
administration, business administration, finance, or closely related field.
2. A minimum of six months of customer service experience.
3. Proficiency with current computer software systems, including email, calendar programs, job specific software, and customer
service systems preferred or within the first six months of employment.
Knowledge of basic structure and operation of municipal government. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships
with members of village staff, village consultants, Schaumburg residents and businesspeople, and members of the public who come
in contact with the village. Ability to function as part of a team. Ability to make verbal and written presentations using Microsoft Office
Suite of applications. Ability to utilize the internet for work related research. Ability to plan, organize, schedule time to work effectively
within a municipal environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. This position works in a typical office setting.
2. Ability to interact with various other organizational members and public groups.
3. Prolonged periods of concentration required for proofreading, calculation, evaluation plans, reading and interpreting
ordinances and policies.
Occasional visits to work and project sites, which may require traversing over roughly graded surfaces, through unfinished interiors,
and during inclement weather.
Part-Time employees are not eligible for benefits.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference
checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history
investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen.
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
« Back to Listings