THE VILLAGE OF SCHILLER PARK
Fiscal Assistant – Full Time
Reports Directly to: Assistant Finance Director
This position of fiscal assistant for the Village of Schiller Park serves primarily as the Water Billing and Receivables coordinator in the Finance Department of Administration. This position is key to ensuring accurate and timely account set-ups, billing of residential and commercial water accounts, application of payment postings to those accounts, and maintenance of the water billing account system. This position also assists at the front counter with business transactions and customer service.
- The accurate billing of water meter reads to invoicing Village account holders: downloading/transferring usage data for invoicing and mailing; runs and reviews edit reports to ensure accurate billings
- Receives and processes payments, and applies to correct accounts
- Is responsible for collections of unpaid and past due accounts, ensuring any late fees are applied as required, and coordinates shut-off process with Public Works
- Building Permit processing function (as needed)
- Must know or be adept in learning the software programs associated with billing process
- Receives and processes applications for new service or changes to accounts; set-up new customers, term closed customer accounts and final billings, and create orders for either for Public Works
- Is responsible for customer inquiries and customer service to account holders as well as necessary adjustments to billings for any misreads or reads from problem meters
- Ensures payments and ACH debits are processed to our bank as received
- Assist at front desk with walk-in business and in overall customer service: accepting payments for billings and other services as relevant, receive incoming calls, assisting Finance staff as required, runs E-Pay reports;
- Assists as needed and requested in Seniors’ programs administration;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Finance Director.
- Minimum High School completion; Associate degree in Accounting-related field a plus
- 2-3 years’ experience in accounting or customer service environment in finance or municipal environment;
- Should understand billing process and apply payments as received, and perform any related operational procedures
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Village proprietary programs, office practices and procedures, as well as operation of office equipment such as phone system, PCs, fax, copiers
- Interact and communicate effectively with coworkers, residents, and visitors to Village Hall in a professional business manner
- Ability to learn new procedures and business systems in conjunction with position as needed
- Bi-lingual Polish or Spanish a plus
- Notary desirable
- Should be able to stand and sit for up to 2-3 hours at a time, depending on the task at hand
- Should have correctable vision and hearing to effectively perform the necessary functions of the position
- Should be able to lift 20 lbs. if necessary
Village of Schiller Park
9526 Irving Park Rd.
Schiller Park, IL 60176
How to apply
Salary range is $45,000 – $50,000 and dependent on experience. Qualified applicants should please submit resume or completed employment application, found on our web site at www.villageofschillerpark.com(opens in a new window), to Human Resources at email@example.com.