Reception Desk Clerk (Administrative Assistant II)
Community Development Department
The Village of Vernon Hills is seeking a candidate for the position of Reception Desk Clerk in the Community Development Department. The position greets visitors at the front desk at Village Hall, connecting residents and businesses with services provided by the Village. The ideal candidate is outgoing and comfortable working with the public.
- Front Desk. Provide quality customer service as the first contact most guests and callers will have with the Village. Answer commonly asked questions and connect customers with the appropriate personnel to assist them;
- Building Division Support. Process and distribute minor building permit applications. Schedule inspections and follow up as needed;
- General Licensing Support. Direct callers and visitors to information for the business license and liquor license programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills;
- One to two years of general office experience/administrative assistant work;
- Proficiency with software (Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel, Outlook, permit management software);
- Familiarity with construction industry, zoning, or municipal government is preferred, but not required;
- Passage of a pre-employment physical, drug screen, criminal background check, integrity testing, employment, and reference checks;
- Successful completion of a twelve-month introductory period.
SALARY: The salary range for this position is $56,662 – $76,579 annually (Administrative Assistant II on the Village’s salary schedule). Starting salary is generally at the entry step of the range; exceptions may be made for candidates with extensive relevant experience. The position is a full time, FLSA non-exempt position.
BENEFITS: The Village of Vernon Hills has an excellent benefit package which includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement and more.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Application forms may be obtained from the Village website at www.vernonhills.org/jobs or at the Village Hall at 290 Evergreen Drive, Vernon Hills, IL 60061.
Please submit application, résumé, and cover letter to Human Resources at the Village Hall in person, by mail, or by email at email@example.com. Please make sure to include the title of the position in the subject of the email.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by June 16, 2023. Position is open until filled and interviews are anticipated to occur on a rolling basis.
Posted: May 24, 2023