The Village of Western Springs is accepting applications to fill a part-time Water Plant Operator position in the Municipal Services Department.
The Part-time Water Plant Operator is a position within the Municipal Services Department-Water Division. This position will include water treatment-related tasks or special projects, as required, and assigned by the Lead Water Plant Operator.
This position is responsible for completing preventative maintenance, repairs, and other duties as assigned for reverse osmosis/membrane potable water treatment equipment. The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plant maintenance
- Equipment operation (High Service Pumps, Chemical Pumps, Pre-treatment, & Reverse Osmosis (RO) treatment trains)
- Equipment maintenance (High Services Pumps, Chemical Pumps, Pre-treatment, & RO treatment trains)
- CIP (clean in place) operations for Pre-treatment and RO treatment trains
- Well house maintenance
- Equipment operation (Air Compressor, Chlorination, & Well Operation)
- Equipment maintenance (Air Compressor, Chlorination, & Well Operation)
- Climate Control
- Sample and data collection, as directed by the Lead Water Plant Operator
The job demands someone who can cope with stressful, emergency situations in a calm, cool, highly professional, and technical manner. Continuing education is encouraged in order to obtain and maintain IEPA water operator licensure. The incumbent can utilize this position to obtain hands-on experience towards an Illinois Class C water operator’s license.
This position utilizes an alternative work schedule, not to exceed 800 hours per year, and will work rotating shifts with no standard weekly hours. During training, this position will work first shift along with the lead water operator. Once trained, this position has the potential to work various hours during all three shifts, at approximately12-25 hours per week. Certain operational or seasonal periods may require more or less weekly hours.
The starting to mid hourly salary range for this position is $24.92- $31.15. Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
The employee application is available online at wsprings.com or at the Village Hall. Please submit applications and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Daisy Chavez, Assistant to the Village Manager, Village of Western Springs, 740 Hillgrove Avenue, Western Springs, IL 60558.
Position open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer