The Accounting Manager participates in the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department and oversees the accounting, accounts payable, and payroll functions, and also assists in the Village procurement/purchasing functions. The position applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial statements and reports in an accurate and timely manner. The Accounting Manager is primarily responsible for maintenance of the general ledger and preparation for the annual audit, engaging in detailed data analysis, financial reporting, and integration of financial software with Village-wide functions
- Manage audit process, including preparation of work papers for and explain Village internal controls and accounting system to external auditors; and schedule external auditors’ preliminary work and internal control testing.
- Compile financial and statistical information; determine and implement necessary journal entries to correct errors and balance accounts, assets, and liabilities; coordinate preparation of Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR) and Popular Annual Financial Report (PAFR).
- Serve as a backup to the performance of Village’s purchasing function, including Requests for Proposals, bidding processes, and related documentation through Accounts Payable.
- Monitor the Village’s payroll function and coordinate as necessary with the benefits function. Serve as back-up to the Accountant for bi-weekly and monthly pension payroll.
- Maintain investment schedules, as well as monthly/annual capital asset and corresponding depreciation schedules.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of regular financial reports.
- Review and verify daily Village cash receipts and manage routine internal account funding transfers.
- Prepare statistical reports for utility operating funds.
- Prepare annual documentation, including: the Police and Fire Pension Fund reports, Comptroller’s Report, State Excise Tax Return, and Compensation Disclosure.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare account entries which document Village business transactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, general business, business administration, or related area with a concentration in accounting.
- Five (5) years’ of progressively responsible governmental accounting experience.
- Two (2) years’ supervisory experience, especially in a municipal environment.
- A combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential job functions.
- CPA is highly desirable.
Position Range: $84,020 – $139,182 plus excellent benefits.
Position is Open Until Filled.
Applications must be completed online at www.villageofwinnetka.org.
For questions or assistance, please contact Ann Eriksson, Human Resources Manager, at (847) 716-3546 or firstname.lastname@example.org