The Customer Service Representative provides customer service and administrative support to the Public Works Department, and other village departments on occasion. Work activities include significant public contact, often involving individuals exhibiting high levels of stress or emotion. The position requires an understanding of office priorities, confidentiality, attention to detail, initiative, and the exercise of discretion and judgment.
- Display extraordinary customer service. Receive the public, answer telephones and deliver mail/messages to department personnel. Respond to telephone and visitor inquiries or redirect calls to appropriate personnel for response and/or resolution.
- Provide administrative support to the Public Works Director and Assistant Public Works Director.
- Provide research assistance, develop and assemble statistics and reference materials, and verify, compile, tabulate, and input data as directed for projects and special assignments.
- Follow established procedures to order office supplies and equipment; maintain department supply inventories; contact vendors and arrange for service technicians as needed; perform minor maintenance of office equipment.
- Provide general administrative and customer support to other village departments.
- File documents and manage office filing systems and historical documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) years minimum work experience in a capacity involving customer service, or comparable training and experience.
Work activities are conducted in a climate-controlled open office environment and noise levels are usually quiet. There are no hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
The weekly work schedule is normally 40 hours in duration, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m.– 4:00 p.m., but may be altered or extended in the event of emergency, personnel shortage or workload. Work is required on some Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. Duties are performed independently and as a team member.
Position Range: $51,750 – $72,867 annual
Position is Open Until Filled.
Submit application, resume, and cover letter online at www.villageofwinnetka.org.
For questions or assistance, please contact Ann Eriksson, Human Resources Manager, at (847) 716-3546 or email@example.com.