Village of Woodridge – Management Analyst – Police Department
The Village of Woodridge is a vibrant, progressive, team-oriented and financially sound community that invests in the development and growth of its most important asset–its employees. We are seeking qualified individuals for a Management Analyst position available in our Police Department.
- Assist in the development of short and long range plans; gather, interpret, and prepare data for studies, reports and recommendations; provide professional advice to supervisor.
- Serve as the Public Information Officer and manage all areas of the Police Department public communication efforts, including the department’s website content, social media presence, news briefings, and community outreach efforts; prepare weekly press releases and incident-driven media releases.
- Assists in the implementation and documentation of required law enforcement training.
- Assist in preparation of annual department budget; perform cost control activities; monitor revenues and expenditures to assure sound fiscal control; assist in preparation of annual budget requests.
- Act as the Safety and Department Claims Coordinator for the department; conduct investigations into causes and prevention of operational accidents and serve as department’s representative on the Village Safety Committee; recommend procedures, practices, and training for department personnel to improve overall safety.
- Communicate official plans, policies and procedures to staff and general public; make presentations to supervisors, boards, commissions, civic groups, and the general public as assigned.
- Oversee administration of grant programs, maintain grant files and complete records and records as required.
- Prepare a variety of studies, reports, and related information for decision-making purposes; conduct research, analysis and prepare recommendations regarding proposals for programs, grants, services, budget, equipment, etc.
- Prepare drafts of speeches, presentations, resolutions, ordinances, contracts, administrative policies, etc. as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration or related field with at least two years of practical experience in municipal management. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effective verbally and in writing with employees, supervisors, vendors, agencies and the public is essential.
- General management skills must be applied and developed in an operating department; experience in a Police Department is not necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word; knowledge of Munis software system a plus.
- Bilingual skills are desirable.
Benefit and Salary Information
This is a full-time, forty-hour per week position with a full complement of benefits including, paid vacation, sick and personal time as well as paid holidays; health and life insurance and an IMRF pension. The salary range for this position is $68,036 to $98.467.
Application and Testing Process
Applications may be obtained on the Village website: www.woodridgeil.gov. Please include a cover letter and resume. Submit application materials to Human Resources, 5 Plaza Drive, Woodridge, IL 60517, fax to (630) 984-7278, or e-mail to email@example.com. First resume review will take place on or around November 28, 2022.
Applicants with disabilities, who will need accommodations in order to complete any portion(s) of the application, should contact the Administration Department.