ILCMA has added a new member benefit by joining the ICMA Coaching Program. In November 2012 the ILCMA Board approved sponsorship of and participation in the ICMA Coaching Program. What does this mean for ILCMA members? It means that ILCMA members will have free access to webinars, one-to-one coaching match-ups, speed coaching, coaching call-a-thons, Career Compass advice columns, and other coaching resources.
Who are the target groups?
The Coaching Program focuses on the development needs in multiple areas:
- New local public agency executives or persons applying to become local public agency executives to enhance their prospects for success through targeted support at their critical initial stages of leadership responsibility.
- Up-and-coming local government management talent to outline career pathways and opportunities, provide guidance and support on ways to prepare for advancement, and enrich the network of relationships and resources to enjoy rewarding careers.
- Supporting high-performance teams at all levels in local government to share best practices and encourage professional development and excellence in service delivery.
What are ICMA coaching program goals?
Through a volunteer network of experienced local government executives and senior assistants serving as coaches, the ICMA Coaching Program aims to:
- Support the professional and personal development of new and aspiring managers.
- Encourage an ethos of mentoring and coaching at all levels in the local government management profession.
- Provide opportunities for successful local government managers to share their expertise in ways that are effective, efficient, and personally rewarding.
What does the ICMA coaching program offer?
- Career Compass articles featuring advice from ICMA Special Advisor Dr. Frank Benest.
- One-to-One coaching matches
- Coaching Webinars
ILCMA encourages you and members of your professional staff to participate in not only the webinars, but to take advantage of the resources available for career development!