The Illinois City/County Management Association promotes professional local government management through its commitment to inclusiveness, adherence to the ICMA Code of Ethics, and high-quality member support.
To promote this mission, ILCMA affirms its belief in these basic values:
Inclusiveness: ILCMA members value each other’s differences and contributions to the whole by fostering an inclusive, collegial and engaging environment.
• Reflects the diversity of society (gender, race, nationality, sexual orientation)
• Different types of members (county, local, manager, assistant, department head, non-traditional)
Ethical Behavior: ILCMA members value ethical, professional local government management; they act as a role model to others in government service.
• Code of Ethics enforced
• Lead by example/model desired behavior
Advocacy for Professional Local Government: ILCMA members value actions that build trust in local government and shall advocate the good works of local government professionals.
• Outreach to build trust in local government
• Distinguish ourselves as good government role models
• Proactive, external messaging by association
Professionalism: ILCMA members value and encourage active networking, advanced learning, and the sharing of best practices.
• Professional Development
• Active Participation
• Best Practices shared and examples available
Member Support/Members in Transition (MIT): ILCMA members value the need to support self-improvement, networking and members in transition.
• Collegial emphasis and opportunities for networking
• MIT support
• High quality professional development programming
• Nurturing the individual
• Professional management